We all love the idea of looking back at those wonderful moments of our lives. That’s why we cannot stop capturing great moments with our smartphones wherever we find ourselves. The Photostick device lets you back up your favorite photos and videos with just a single click. This device also helps you organize your files the way they should be. Eager to know more about this device? Read the rest of the Photostick review.
What is The PhotoStick?
The Photostick is a special kind of USB device that can back up all your lovely photos instantly, organizing them into different groups and making it easy for you to search for any photo. This device may look like a USB, but it is more than a regular USB. For instance, Photostick helps to eliminate duplicate files in the course of copying your photos. That means you can scan through your photos knowing that it will not be repeated.
Main Features of Photo Stick
- Portable. Easy to carry around because it looks like a USB
- Works offline. You don’t need an internet connection before you can access it.
- Compatibility. Compatible with multiple Operating Systems – it supports Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Sufficient storage space. The photo stick actually come in a variety of storage sizes. The least model offers you an 8G storage space.
- Extremely fast. Its job is to help you copy your photos, and does that really fast!
Photo Stick Advantages
- Highly convenient – this one-click solution allows you to easily sort and save all your pictures.
- Privacy – keeps all your files safe from the prying eyes of the public
- Cost-effective – this is a one-time payment solution. There are no subscription fees or even create those boring accounts.
- User-friendly – this device is super-easy to use. You just have to plug it to your laptop and kick-start the copying process. It is that easy!
- Does not support mobile devices – this one is a show stopper for many people. It would have been reasonable if it could save pictures directly into the device from your smartphone. You need to look for a mobile device alternative, if you need such feature.
- Efficiency is not 100% – In certain cases but not always, the Photo Stick might not be recognized by your PC. This is due to an interfering software. Rarely happens anyway, but it is good you know these things.
How You Can Use The Photostick on Your Device?
The Photostick instructions will clearly spelled out here for your kind understanding. There is nothing technical about the process, so you don’t have to be scared about anything. Here it goes;
- Step 1
Plug your Photostick USB cable into your PC USB port
- Step 2
When you insert it successfully, a window will appear that will enable it function automatically
- Step 3
If it does not start automatically, click on “This PC” or “My Computer”
- Step 4
Open the Photostick folder or directory. Double the Photostick.exe file for it to start working
Why buy PhotoStick?
- More advanced than USB. Photostick is light years ahead of a regular USB. A USB lets you copy any kind of file. Photostick is designed to enable transfer of image files only.
- Organizes the photos. Another unique thing about this device is how it organizes all your photos.
- More than enough space. The Photostick device comes with plenty of storage for your photos. You can save your photos on it for years without bothering about using up the whole space.
- Compatibility. The device works with Windows and Mac OS. Plug it in, and it knows what to do.
- No software needed. Photostick is plug and play. You don’t need any special software to use it.
Photo Stick does it work?
Having established that the photo stick device is not exactly the same as your USB, you must understand that it is perfect for saving your photos. With this device, it means you can go around with as many as 128G worth of photos. Previously, one would need to carry their hard disk about if they wanted to move around with such quantity of files.
If it is that slick and convenient to move around and make your work easy, then I think it is really worth it. To crown this section up, this device works pretty well.
How does Photostick organize photos?
Due to its organizational ability, Photostick can copy thousands of photos in minutes. This device can copy your media files (photos and videos) in alphabetical order until it’s done copying everything from the source location. That way, it will be easy to locate any file you are looking for, when you know their name. Mind you, you don’t have to copy and paste as you would for a normal USB. It does that for you automatically.
How to view photos on Photostick?
This one is pretty straightforward. The Photostick device normally saves the media files into a special directory in your PC. It normally copies to \My_Files\. Therefore, if your PC name is DAVE-PC, it will store it on \My_Files\. The folder will contain two sub-folders, called Photos and Videos. You can browse through any of them to look for what you want.
Photo Stick Best Prices
Searching online for photo stick best prices should not give you any problem ordinarily. However, as you must have suspected, everyone wants to get a piece of the cake. So some of the reviews end up inflating the prices a bit. I understand that can be quite frustrating for anyone. As a result, we will be outlining all the best prices for you to choose from.
The photo stick device is of three different types. The most suitable choice is dependent on what you wish to achieve with the device. You can either go for the 8G, 64G, or 128G model. Below is a link where all the real prices have been written in black and white.
- Which photo stick should I get?
Like I have emphasized, what you should go for will depend on what you hope to achieve. However, this photo stick review has only talked about the PC version. There is also the mobile device version.
- How does photo stick organize pictures?
Photo stick device employs an alphanumerically based algorithm to sort and organize all the files it will be drawing from the PC. By the time its storage is exhausted, the copying process automatically comes to a halt. You can then copy the files somewhere else and continue from where you stopped.
- Who manufactures photo stick?
From my little research, it seems to be the property of a company that is located in the U.S.
- Is photo stick hard to use?
Using photo stick to copy image files is easier than you can guess. The moment it is connected, the photo stick control wizard will pop up automatically. The on-screen instructions are just easy to follow.
- Can Photostick support both photo and video files?
Yes. Photostick can help you better manage your videos and photos.
- How does Photostick work?
The Photostick works in a unique way in that it serves as storage device that enables you copy your photos and videos from one device to another without you having to do it the manual way.
- How Quickly Does The Photostick Work?
That depends on how much files you are copying. But, generally, the Photostick device is able to thousands of photos in minutes. It is pretty fast.
- What Kind of Files Is The Photostick Compatible with?
Photostick is designed to go after files in JPEG, PNG, and Photoshop-edited files. It’s also compatible with CRW, NRW, KDC, and TIF formats. Video formats like MPEG4, VID, MOV, and others are also compatible file formats that can be stored on the Photostick device.
- How Many Photos Does The Photostick Store?
You can actually store tens of thousands of photos.
- Does Photostick Download Software on Your Computer?
Photostick will only deposit photos and videos you have copied from another device. It doesn’t download any software on your PC.
- Which Places Does The Photo Stick Work?
Photostick is created with one purpose – you can store your files wherever you want. Regardless of whether you are using Photostick for iPhone or Photostick for Android, you can easily copy your files from one location to another. As long as the device supports Photostick, you can save files onto the stick and take it along with you.
PhotoStick Review from Real Users
I like the fact that Photostick has to copy files at a high speed. It is not like the regular USB where I might need to wait for long when copying huge files.Axel Cochran
Anytime I have any new files to transfer between my devices, I just plug in the Photostick, and it gets the job done. It is this thing has a brain of its own. I like it though.Callum Gregory
As an IT professional, I have found Photostick to be very resourceful because it helps me back up my designs on the go. That way, I don’t need to do any additional backups.Jamel Young
The photo stick device can really improve your photography experience by a great deal. There is no point moving around with your smartphone and laptop or hard disk just because you have photography related task to take care of. Why not just go along with your photo stick instead. Most photo stick reviews will only point out the bright side of the device. But, we have made sure we bring to your knowledge both sides of the coin, so you can decide for yourself if it is what you need or not.
This one-click solution allows you to easily sort and save all your pictures.
- Works offline
- Sufficient storage space
- Extremely fast
- Highly convenient
- Does not support mobile devices
- Efficiency is not 100%